Reporting solid line to the Corporate Financial controller and corporate controller and dotted line to Lioli CEO President.
Job Location – Morbi, Gujarat, India.
The Controller position supports the accounting, reporting, planning and analysis of financial results, forecasting, and internal control for the Indian entity. Responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely monthly closing of financial statements including analysis of the results
- Maintain proper accounting and internal control procedures
- Financial planning: annual operating plan, quarterly financial forecasting within the guidelines of the corporate planning and forecasting process
- Calculate and analyse costing of items manufactured
- Hire, train and mentor accounting and administrative staff
- Financial decision support for local management and corporate
- Budget control
- Local treasury: Cash Flow management, payments, dealing with local banks, foreign exchange transactions
- Collection from customers
- Local tax and VAT matters in compliance with regulations
- Statutory reports
- SOX compliance, internal policies and procedures
- Ensure Timely and accurate compliance to GST requirements including filing of GST returns with the tax authorities.
- Supporting the Corporate Finance Team in Decision support through preparation of Financial Business Case for key projects & initiatives such as capacity expansion, pricing of new products, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Chartered Accountant with 8-10 years of professional accounting experience
- Experience in U.S. GAAP accounting
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management including the communication with the governmental authorities
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant requirements regarding financial records, pension, profit sharing, and the like is essential
- Experience in working in corporate organizational environment and matrix mgmt. lines
- Experience in accounting and costing for manufacturing entities
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
- Financial analysis, budgeting and planning experience
- Management / supervisory experience
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Honesty; Integrity; Reliability
- Broad Oracle knowledge and experience preferred
- Excellent English (read, write and speak) is required
- Travel will be required from time to time
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel